FPI Approval No: FPI190900131
FPI 4 CPD points
Evaluating technical reports and charts is an important complementary skill in conjunction with fundamental analysis, when advising clients and/or managing portfolios. The course covers the basics of technical analysis (charting). The intention is primarily to equip readers with the ability to gain insight from and effectively assess technical analysis reports. A structured and logical approach is followed to ensure a large degree of consistent success over time.
- Basic Tenets and Comparison to Fundamental Analysis
A thorough study of the relevant techniques used in technical forecasting is a prerequisite for the effective application thereof.
- Human Behaviour- Why Technical Analysis is Effective
The supporting rationale of technical analysis is compared to fundamental analysis as in introduction to the complementary potential of charting.
Building Blocks of Technical Analysis
- Chart types
- The concept of trend
- Support, resistance and trend lines
- Different moving averages
- Chart formations and patterns
- An introduction to Fibonacci retracements and projections
Combining Analysis Techniques Optimally
- Correctly combining the various technical tools in an optimal decision-making