FPI Approval No: FPI:21020142
FPI 6.5 CPD points
This module requires learners to develop an awareness of Fintech and the challenges (indirect as well as direct) presented to the financial services sector. It is intended to promote an overview and general understanding of concepts such as the Fourth Industrial Revolution, the role of Algorithms and Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, and Cyber Security.
• Appreciate the impact of the Fourth Industrial Revolution on the Financial Services Sector.
• Understand algorithms as a fundamental driver of technology.
• Comprehend the uses of artificial intelligence and machine learning in the financial services environment.
• Understand the basics of Blockchain as a fintech disruptor.
• Value ethics and ownership in fintech.
• An overview of the POPIA Act.
• Appreciate the importance of cybersecurity.