Money Markets Theory ONLINE COURSE : ( FPI 3 CPD points)
FPI Approval No: FPI 21060091
The money market is the base for all other investment vehicles and markets with the added benefit of a low risk and volatility profile.
Most investors and advisors utilize the money market by design and even by default as a low-risk investment vehicle in uncertain times, ensuring liquidity in general portfolios and achieving the correct blend of risk for an optimal risk-adjusted return profile in most market conditions and risk scenarios. This course is designed to create a better general understanding of money market investments and relevant application areas.
• Equipping readers with a working knowledge of the SA money market, the different instruments and how/where to trade them. The pricing of the various instruments will be dealt with in a separate short course.
• Explaining the risk profiles and investment application fields of the various money market asset types
• Identifying the major role players in this market, both from an investor and issuer perspective.
• The important functions of the SA Reserve bank in the money market and the link to monetary policy.
• Ensuring that investors and advisors can extract the maximum benefit out of short-term liquidity and low risk cash type holdings.